Rancho El SaenoHidalgo County
Rancho El Saeno was originally a land script from The Republic of Texas to E.B. Barton. The ranch was once two sections of land of 1220+/- acres, a gift to Barton for fighting in the Battle of San Jacinto.
The current owner bought the property in 1880 from E.B. Choche Barton, a distant relative who has been the property’s sole owner for over 140 years.
Rancho El Saeno is a pristine wildlife sanctuary with diverse native brush and habitat. The land is entirely high-fenced and is a single pasture with no cross-fences. Several food plots for deer and small ponds are connected to pressured water lines from a single electric water well located in the center of the property. The ranch also has low-lying areas, or ramaderos, which gather water during heavy rains. Rancho El Saeno is abundant in wildlife, especially white-tail deer. Other wildlife includes white-winged doves, turkeys, quail, mourning doves, and varmints such as bobcats, coyotes, and raccoons.
Located on FM 681 north of McCook, Texas, approximately 20 minutes from Edinburg Airport and 40 minutes from McAllen Airport. The ranch is 20 minutes from the North side of the City of McAllen.
Call JL Pepe Guerra at (956) 330-5408 to see this property and others in the area.